Saturday, November 22, 2008

Alright so this is laughable...

This week I rode Danielle's horse "Busta Move" AKA Buster. He was a very good boy for me.

Today I went on a trail ride on a 2 1/2 year old mustang filly who is not exactly balanced yet and trips quite a bit. We crossed a major ROAD!!! She did green baby stuff like not know how to get off the road by going up and over a berm. I helped her along with her balance and with the berm thing.

I need to just ride my own darned horses and learn to trust them.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, you SO HAVE NO EXCUSES NOW!!!!! You are BUSTED!!! No more "I can't" nope, when I get home it is SO ON!!

borderbratz said...

Well, I didn't exactly say that I had FUN on that ride.

But I sure need to actually saddle up Shazaam when I go out with the intention to ride instead of going out there and then not riding.

I really only saddle up like 1 in 10 times that I have the intention to ride.

Whywudyabreedit said...

Riding a 2.5 year old. That is some pretty brave stuff. I would probably balk at that one, especially on the trail. But you must have felt comfortable with her. I am assuming it was the individual horse and circumstances that made you go for it.

What do you think made you go for it?

borderbratz said...

Well, I think it was the individual. The worst thing she's done is lay down on a rider. She has way more whoa than go. I'm much more afraid of bolting horses. When I can manage bolting, I might just be free of this fear.